Top Social

Sweet Tooth (The Best Chocolate Pudding)

November 18, 2015

[Credit:Demotix]

So, last week was not so great of a week.  It had Friday the 13th... a tooth extraction... earthquakes in Japan and Mexico... a funeral bombed in Baghdad... suicide bombings in Beirut... and terrorist attacks in Paris.  Not so great of a week for humanity, to say the least.  

I'm not going to go into how I am digesting all of this internally... as I'm sure everyone out there is, in their own way, trying to deal with how dark the world can be... sometimes it's hard to figure out the best foot forward... but, we do it.

I started this post for myself... before all of the death and mourning began... as a marker in my lifeline of the first adult tooth that had to bid adieu.  Makes me feel old... or that my teeth are starting to fall out (oh, the horror!).  I had traumatic memories of that time in my teens where I had all FOUR of my wisdom teeth removed in one sitting... and so, as a preventative measure, I needed something to take the edge off... (and, could be enjoyed without chewing!)

But, really... this sucky part of my week was a good excuse to record (and share!) a really good chocolate pudding recipe.... One that is such a breeze to pull together... and, also, tastes of chocolate with the intensity of a chocolate mousse (minus the egg whites!)  

Let me introduce you to 'The Best Chocolate Pudding' from Marc at norecipes.com.  Based in Tokyo, Marc is really passionate about all kinds of food... and his passion really shows through on his blog.  I like how he keeps things simple... and makes the ingredients the star!

The Best Chocolate Pudding

(click the link for a great step-by-step)

Ingredients:

2 C whole milk 
5 egg yolks
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 C sugar
1/4 C cornstarch
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
140 g chocolate
1/4 C heavy cream
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla extract


Process:







By the end of fifteen minutes, I had three lovely pots of chocolate pudding to get me through the weekend... or for when I started feeling cranky about the cavernous space left bare by my now missing tooth.  I didn't have dark chocolate on hand... and thus, used a sweeter chocolate... which made the pudding a bit sweeter than intended (but, no complaints from me!).  I swirled some plain yogurt into the mix a few times... and I'm sure, had I had any heavy cream, I would have whipped up a batch to go with these chocolate beauties.

Now, what am I going to do with these five, leftover egg whites?

Servus!


Post Comment
Post a Comment