Top Social

Knit Fingerless Gloves

January 23, 2015

Last weekend, I knew the weather was going to turn cold and snowy and thus, decided that I needed to knit a pair of fingerless gloves.  I'm a big fan of the fingerless variety because I am always in need of using my fingers for something - pushing strollers, swiping the phone, bagging up dog poo, or handing out cookies.  Taking a glove off constantly is just too much... and living in a house with two toddlers, I am always searching for a missing sock or glove. 

I had been looking for a pattern for some time now and put off knitting a pair of gloves for forever... honestly, I was just scared of doing the thumb gussets.  But necessity was the motivating factor here.

I didn't want a pattern too complicated... or too plain.  I found the perfect pattern with just enough detailing - a single row of cabling front and center.  Done.

As for the thumb gusset, I just closed my eyes and started knitting.  I figured I would deal with it when I got to it.  And really, it's not bad at all!!!
!!
!!
!
!
!

The pattern can be downloaded from Ravelry, a knitting network.  Thanks, Denise! 




Post Comment
Post a Comment