Tuesday Tidbits - Fall Flavors

Vincent Van Gogh [Credit: Link]



+ Summer, I'm never letting go!!!
key lime pie by deb

+ The nectarines just keep on comin'
vanilla pavlova with summer berries

+ 'Cos sometimes you need a healthier alternative -  zucchini fries

+ I grew up on those frozen mini pot pies from Stouffers.
I'm glad I can make them myself for El & Lil!
chicken pot pie

+ A bit of caramelization adds a ton of flavor!
seared broccoli & potato soup

+ It's apple season! - glazed apple fritters

+ For when I get bored of a simple roasted fish - salmon four ways

+ or simple, slow-roasted fish

+ I never knew homemade hummus was so easy...
and, even more delicious than store-bought!
genius hummus

+ Time to dust off the oven - homemade sandwich bread

+ 'Cos Asian rice gets boring sometimes - spinach rice

+ Fancy fried chicken - chicken schnitzel

+ Homemade fries are so much better than the frozen ones
crispy potato wedges

+'Cos I need to up my soup repertoire - split pea soup

+ potato leek soup 

+ double dark chicken noodle soup 

+ 'Cos homemade granola is the bomb!
brown butter pecan granola

+ A seriously fancy pancake - apple dutch baby 

+ and, baby dutch babies

+ Just the sound of this makes my mouth water - Austrialian chicken salt 

+ There's no Chick-fil-A in the Alps, so this will have to do -
homemade Chick-fil-A sauce 

+ A seriously fruity clafoutis - cardamon and stone fruit clafoutis

+ A Fall challenge for myself - homemade ramen 

+ This is a seriously good cookie - world peace cookies by Dori Greenspan

+ Keeping the oven going - baba ghanoush (roasted eggplant dip)

+ Show up at your next dinner party with these - almond thumbprint cookies 

+ Some really good tips from Marcella Hazan

+ A lovely base cake for a good fruity compote and whipped cream - Louisa's Cake

+ Damn! This chicken sandwich!

+ Damn, to this one too! Fake Shake Shack Burger

+ In lieu of blueberry muffins, I think it's time to try this Blueberry Boy Bait.

+ Classics. Period.  Best cookbook recipes ever.

+ A collection of vinagrette recipes to up your salad game

+ April Bloomfield's eat-it-on-everything salad dressing

+ NYC street meat comes to the Alps

+ Whoa.  Little Debbie was my best friend growing up.  Now I can
make some Star Crunch at home!

+ Stumped in the kitchen? Check out these recipe collections
to give you an inspirational kick in the pants!

+ Remember Cheez-its?

+ Time to pull out your KitchenAid mixer for these recipes! 

+ 10 Roast Chicken Ideas

+ Mini Tarte Tatins! 
Servus!!


Comments

Popular Posts